Tuesday 9 April 2013

FAQ on Re-issue of Income Tax Refund

This Article deals with FAQ related to non receipt of Income tax Return due to Change in Address, Bank Details, Home Locked, Wrongs details of bank in ITR etc. In these cases assessee can request for re-issue of Income Tax Refund and procedure for the same is given below.
I have e-Filed my Income Tax Return but not received my refund till now.
Answer: If you have not received refund till date, it could be due to the following reasons:
1. Your Income Tax Return has not been processed yet. Once the return is processed you may receive a Refund (if determined). To check the status of your e-Filed IT Return, LOGIN and GO TO ‘My Account’ → ‘My Returns/Forms’.
2. Your Income Tax Return has been processed but no refund is determined.
3. Your Income Tax Return has been processed, a refund has been determined, but the Cheque/ ECS credit could not reach you. This could be because of wrong address, not being available at home (door locked), wrong Bank Account number for ECS credit. To check if your Refund has returned back to us, LOGIN and GO TO ‘My Account’ → ‘My Returns/Forms’ and check the status.
I checked the status of my IT Return and it is displayed as ‘Refund Returned’. How can I apply for it again?
Answer: LOGIN and GO TO ‘My Account’ → ‘Refund Re-issue request’. Select the mode of re- receiving refund- ECS or Cheque, Provide Bank Account number (if changed) and Provide Address details.
My Bank Account Number has changed. I want to change the Bank Account Number which I mentioned in my Income Tax Return.
Answer: You can only change your Bank Account Number if you had a refund failure i.e your IT Return is processed and a refund is generated for you but you did not receive it.
If you wish to change the Bank Account Number for Refund failure case, then LOGIN and GO TO ‘My Account’ → ‘Refund re-issue request’. Select the mode through which you wish to receive the refund- ECS or Cheque. Entr the new Bank Account Number and provide address details. Submit the request. Once the request is submitted, your Bank Account Number is updated with us.
My refund failed to reach me as my Address has changed. I want to raise a request for refund re-issue with my new Address.
Answer: You can only raise a request of refund re-issue if your refund failed to reach you and returned to us. In that case, LOGIN and GO TO ‘My Account’ → ‘Refund re-issue request’. Select the mode through which you wish to receive the refund- ECS or Cheque. Provide the new Bank Account Number (if to be changed) and provide the new Address. Submit the request. Once the request is submitted, your new Address is updated with us.
My Address has changed. I want to change the Address/ e-mail ID/ Mobile Number which I mentioned in my Income Tax Return.
Answer: LOGIN and GO TO ‘My Profile Settings → ‘Update Contact details’. Provide the new Address/ e-mail ID/ Mobile Number and SUBMIT. Once submitted, the Address/ e-mail ID/ Mobile number is updated in your profile and also sent to CPC (Central Processing Center) to update on the Income Tax Return

No comments:

Understand CCD & CPS.

  Certificates of Deposit It is a fixed income financial tool that is governed by Reserve Bank of India and is issued in a dematerialized ...