NSDL has developed software called e-TDS/TCS Return Preparation Utility (RPU) to facilitate preparation of e-TDS/ TCS returns. This is a freely downloadable VB based utility. Separate utilities are available for preparation of each type of return.
ITD has notified revised file formats for preparation of TDS and TCS returns in electronic form. Deductors/collectors can prepare the e-TDS/TCS returns as per these file formats using in-house software or any other third party software and submit the same to any of the TIN-FCs established by NSDL. Deductors/collectors can also directly upload the e-TDS/TCS returns through NSDL-TIN website.
Key features of RPU 3.9
• “Particulars of the Person Responsible for Deduction of tax” option under “Form” page of RPU:
“Same as above” check box has been provided under “Particulars of the Person Responsible for Deduction of tax” option of “Form” page. On selecting this, fields such as Flat No., Area/Location, Name of Premises/Building, Road/Street/Lane, Town/City/District, State and Pincode will be auto-populate.
The said option is available for Regular TDS/TCS statements only.
• While saving TDS/TCS file through RPU, file name will auto populate in predetermined format (Example: While saving a Regular file for Form 24Q Q4 through RPU, file name “24QRQ4” will auto populate under saving option. Similarly, while saving a Correction file for Form 26Q Q4, file name “26QCQ4” will auto populate under saving option.
• Addition of deductee records for Regular TDS/TCS statements in RPU:
New window has been provided for addition of deductee records for Regular TDS/TCS statements in RPU. With the use of this, user can map corresponding deductee record to the respective challan. Those users who don’t want to use this option may proceed by clicking on “Skip this step” button.
• Error message for negative values in RPU:
Error message will populate for any negative values present under amount fields of Challan as well as Annexure I (Deductee details) of RPU.
• Challan balance as per consolidated file downloaded from TRACES:
New column i.e. “Challan balance as per consolidated file” (No. 23 under “Challan” details) has been added in RPU which will reflect unutilized balance available in challan based on consolidated file downloaded from TRACES.
• Incorporation of latest FVU Version 4.2 and 2.138.
Download RPU 3.9 Ver.(Quarterly e-TDS/TCS statements from FY 2007-08)
Corrections required in the regular quarterly statements can be furnished by submitting a correction statement in the prescribed format. The following utilities can be used to prepare correction quarterly statements:
Download RPU 3.9 Ver.(Quarterly e-TDS/TCS statements Correction from FY 2007-08)