Sunday 14 October 2012

Declaration format to claiming deduction u/s. 80GG by the Assessee

In the Finance Act, 2012 the Income Tax Department suggest the Assessee while claiming Deduction u/s. 80GG i.e. Declaration in Form 10BA under rule 11B of Income Tax Act which is as under:

ANNEXURE-VIII
FORM NO. 10BA
(See rule 11B)
DECLARATION TO BE FILED BY THE ASSESSEE
CLAIMING DEDUCTION U/S 80 GG
I/We.......................................................................................................
(Name of the assessee with permanent account number)
do hereby certify that during the previous Year..............I/We had occupied the premise..............(full address of the premise) for the purpose of my/our own residence for a period of...........months and have paid Rs.................... In cash/through crossed cheque, bank draft towards payment of rent to Shri/Ms/M/s..........(name and complete address of the landlord).
It is further certified that no other residential accommodation is owned by
(a)  me/my spouse/my minor child/our family (in case the assessee is HUF), at .................where I/we ordinarily reside/perform duties of officer or employment or carry on business or profession, or
(a)  me/us at any other place, being accommodation in my occupation, the value of which is to be determined u/s 23(2)(a)(i) of u/s 23(2)(b).

No comments:

Amendment of BE on Payment of IGST for Advance Authorisation Default

  This is to update you about an important decision by Kerala Hon’ble High Court (HC) in the case of Travancore Cocotuft Private Limited v....