Monday 1 June 2015

Change in Form 15CA from today.


The following changes are effective from today i.e. 01-June-2015 in relation to International Taxation
Form 15CA needs to be filled all the transaction with non-resident [Sec 195(6)]
--------------------------------------------------
- For all Import Transactions
- For all credit card transactions
- For all transaction with Non-resident even if payment is made to an Indian Bank account
- For all the transactions related to payment of Interest, Royalty and Fee for Technical Services (FTS)
- For Commission paid abroad
- For Salary paid abroad
If the relevant form is not filled or incorrectly filled, then the penalty of Rs. 1,00,000 can be levied on the assesses.

1 comment:

Amit Kumar Rathi said...

So if I buy something on an international website some merchandise / service and which is charged to me in dollars, using my credit card issued by an Indian bank. Do I still need to submit Form 15CA

One way of looking at this is that end of the day from my perspective no money has gone out of country and I have settled my Indian credit card in Indian rupees only and the other way of looking at this is that this is a round about way. I have at the end of the day, remitted money abroad using my card. So confused about this

HC quashes Customs Instruction mandating review of MOOWR licenses granted for solar power generation

  This Tax Alert summarizes a recent judgement of the Delhi High Court (HC) [1] dealing with the validity of the Instruction [2]  insofar a...